Sunday, May 19, 2013

Bottom of the Closet Black Hole


I recently realized that my shoes had started to go missing in the black hole that had become the bottom of my closet.

I gave in and ordered a shoe rack off eBay to help give some type of organization to the mess that was cussing morning delays in getting ready for work. The one I picked was just a simple canvas and piping set up.

It arrived in the mail in a lot of pieces...

I grabbed myself a large glass of wine and got to it. After staring at the directions for a good 15 minutes, it started to take shape.

I quickly figured out that the intended sizing of the shelves was not going to work with the type of shoes I own. It would be good for sneaker and sandals but not for boots or heels. So I used different size piping that was provided to make the shelves taller to fit all types of shoes.

After finding a good height for each shelf and a good overall height to still fit in my closet without crushing my clothes, I built myself a simple shelving unit to keep my closet in order.


 I must say my shoes are easily accessible and the right one is always with the left one :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment